- Does your life lack fulfillment or purpose?
- Are you seeking meaningful time with real dudes to talk about more than just sports?
- Does the idea of combining outdoor recreation, purposeful inquiry, and some fun and food with other guys sitting in similar questions appeal to you?
If you ar not a workshop-in-a-hotel kind of guy (neither am I), then our Two Day Active Learning Journey is just the thing for you!
This two-day Active Learning Journey in west Marin County’s wild and beautiful Point Reyes National Seashore is designed to create an environment for you to ask and answers questions about what you wish to create in your life and to aid you in moving past the blocks and self-imposed limitations that prevent you from having the life you want. You will be in the company of other like-minded participants exploring the same terrain together led by master facilitator and avid cyclist, Ray Arata.
Our base will be in Inverness, California, located in the heart of the Point Reyes National Seashore region. This area is known for its stellar kayaking as well as its variety of hiking trails and wildlife-rich estuaries. Located just 50 miles north of San Francisco, the Point Reyes Seashore offers an interesting mix of weather, from the hot sun of West Marin to the cool fog and ocean breezes of the Pacific coast.
Arrival and Departure Times
Plan to arrive no later than 6:00 pm on the Friday at the start of the program. We will end no later than 5:00 pm on Sunday.
Please plan your flight departure time out of San Francisco airport no earlier than 8:00 pm on Sunday.
Our hike will be the MT. WITTENBERG LOOP, a steep 1300 feet (400 meter) climb to the highest point in the park (426m/1407ft), with views of Point Reyes and Olema Valley. The loop passes through a mixed Douglas fir and oak forest and several open meadows.
The Kayaking Excursion: We will kayak into the heart of one of the last pristine estuaries on the California coast. Drakes Estero, protected by the Point Reyes National Seashore, is a 160-acre tidal salt marsh, which supports highly diverse plant and animal life.
THE INVERNESS VALLEY INN is handsomely set within a lush 15-acre valley bordered by a calming creek – cradled between Tomales Bay and Point Reyes National Seashore.
Spacious accommodations include both large rooms and family suites, clustered in small buildings, surrounded by lush vegetation. The units have private entrances and furnished patios with barbeques, king- or queen-sized beds, vaulted ceilings, skylights, walls of glass, comfortable places to sit or sleep, fully equipped kitchenettes, full baths, TV/Cable, and thermostat-controlled gas fireplaces, plus free wireless internet.
We will eat fresh (organic when possible) meals throughout the trip. The meals will be hearty and creative. If you desire to drink beer or wine we encourage you to bring your own, as it will not be provided.
The Daily Routine
- Each day will start with an optional meditation and yoga class accessible even if you’ve never tried either.
- After a hearty breakfast, we will have a morning group session. These facilitated sessions will support and challenge you to look at your life from a different perspective.
- Each day after our morning group session we will have a hike or kayaking trip of approximately 2-3.5 hours .
- Each hike/kayak excursion will correlate with the material and focus of the day.
- Each day a second group session will precede dinner.
- Dinner is all about fun, food and connection.
Come see what happens when a bunch of guys who like kayaking and hiking and who are at various stages in their life get together, get real, and decide to make the most of their experience in a way that will serve all of them going forward?
What to expect
We believe that some or all of these will occur for you:
- Clarity on what you want to create next in your life (your ‘Hot Want’)
- Valuable life insights to serve you going forward
- Deeper awareness of what is needed now in your life and what may be getting in the way of you living more fully and powerfully
- A network of individuals to support you on your path
- Greater purpose and focus in life
- Being part of a community of like-minded men
- Lots of fun and fitness
- Lasting memories
A questionnaire will be sent to you with the expectation that you will answer and return it via email one week prior to your arrival.
Preparation for physical activities:
Both the hiking and kayaking will accommodate beginners and no preparation is required. For those of you that are hard core, we can accommodate you too!
What You Get
- Lodging in a double occupancy room
- All meals (Friday night Dinner, Saturday Breakfast through Sunday lunch)
- Facilitated group sessions both days
- One-on-one sessions during the ALJ
- 2 post-ALJ facilitated group calls
- One post-trip individual consultation (60 min, a $345 value)
The Cost of the Program
The price of the program is regularly $895 per person all-inclusive except for airfare and other transportation to our Lodge.